Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Eric Vozzola Protect What You Love The Reef Print Release By PangeaSeed


PangeaSeed is pleased to announce their first print release of the new year of their ongoing Sea of Change: The Year of Living Dangerously - Vol. 4 print suite by guest artist Eric Vozzola (USA). The highlighted issue of this edition is coral reef conservation.

This special edition, Protect What You Love - The Reef, is the first of four designs in the "Protect What You Love" series in collaboration with Eric. A new print in the series will be released, one for each quarter, in 2018.

Artist: Eric Vozzola
Title: Protect What You Love: "The Reef"
Issue: Coral reef conservation
Pricing: suggested $50 plus shipping and handling
Edition size: 75 prints signed and numbered by the artist
Paper: Italian Cold Press Watercolor Paper
Dimensions: 16x20 inches
Available Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 12pm PST via shop.pangeaseed.org

Artist Statement:
The coral reefs embody two elements that are most special to me from the natural world that become recurring threads in my work: vibrant color and diversity of life. Born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, I find similarities between the contrasting ecosystems of the dry and arid desert vs the lush rainforests of the sea. Growing up, I was obsessed with nature documentaries – primarily anything related to the ocean. At that age, the vibrancy and mystery of the ocean absolutely captivated me, and still does. Some of my earliest memories of drawing and painting were of ocean life or coral scenes, so my connection to the water reaches far beyond my landlocked locale.

Coincidentally, I finally met the good folks of PangeaSeed after following their cause for a couple years, almost randomly in the desert, and instantly felt a serendipitous connection with their mission. I’m all about balance in my life, so investing my concerns to the ocean only seems right to me, because the way I see it: without the ocean, there would be no desert. Furthermore, the effects of human-induced impact and climate change on our environment, particularly the coral reefs, must have attention and action brought to it – so I use my art in this case to further connect with, and help raise conservation awareness of the fragile coral reef ecosystems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in